What is modern dance?
- a type of dance that focuses on the actual expressiveness and showing emotion
- such as ballet and jazz dance the development of modern dance in the late 20th century over the years is closely connected with other dance disciplines
- ”Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”
- He graduated at Modern dance and Theatre of the Amsterdam School of Arts.
- During his studies he got the Ineke Sluiterprice for his choreography.
- He works as a guest teacher, choreographer and abroad.
- He also judges “So you think you can dance” and he is a choreographer there.
- He works with New Rootz foundation that organizes social, cultural and educational projects.
- “My work is about submission and desire; the will to fight, sexual desire, but most of all lust for life.”
- Born in Amsterdam on May 6, 1988.
- Jazz / Musical Department at the Amsterdam School of Arts
Most popular modern dance schools/companies
The Henny Jurriens Foundation
Netherlands Dans Theater (NDT)